[Dev] Building a Text Adventure on Description Logic

Paul Snively psnively at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 3 22:28:24 PST 2002

OK, this is going to seem weird, but I think there's material here that
could be useful to Chandler's automatic extraction and classification
of categories, for lack of a better term, from items: see
<http://www.coli.uni-sb.de/~koller/papers/dlws01.html>. Basically, a
text adventure needs to represent an "internal" model and a model of
the user's knowledge, generate appropriate English, and understand
English appropriately. This research is doing stuff the desire for
which got me into programming and AI back when I was a teenager. We
could apply the same principles to Chandler.

Best regards,
Paul