[Dev] contributing code back to other projects?

Mitch Kapor mitch at kapor.com
Sun Nov 3 17:15:11 PST 2002

Kevin,

We've already started to do this and have the intention to do more.  I'll
ask John Anderson to post the details, but I do remember we had a staff
meeting in which I made exactly the point you did.  We get a lot, we should
be contributing something back.

In addition, if we discover there are needed extensions to components we
depend on and there are already people in place who could do the work and
want to do the work, we MIGHT be able to make modest grants to facilitate
this.  No promises, but we would consider this.

Mitch