[Dev] ZODB is not a Storage Technology (Re: other formats )

Kevin Altis altis at semi-retired.com
Sun Nov 3 16:53:04 PST 2002

Thanks for the heads up. Here's the thread about "Incorporating bsddb3" on
python-dev for anyone else that wants to look into this.

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/1414697

If Chandler standardizes around Python 2.2.2 then it would still be possible
to incorporate the latest and greatest bsddb that would work with Python 2.3
and later, assuming licensing issues can be worked out for the underlying db
code that may need to be included. If you just rely on the underlying
Berkley DB library on Linux, Windows, Mac OS X to be the right version
you're probably asking for trouble.

ka